http://www.esmewang.com/
http://www.biorequiem.com/
If you're a writer (like novelist Esme Wang) or a visual artist (like Zoetica Ebb of Biorequiem) in today's global market, it's important to establish a vocal presence within your community of fellow artists and potential supporters. A well-designed professional portfolio and personal blog is the first step to marketing yourself and your talents. These blogs present original content in a way that's visually appealing, succinct, well-organized, and easy to follow.
Now on to the websites that give me a headache:
OK, so I've always hated the navigational structure of myTCU! First, you have to click through at least five times to reach the page you're looking for. And the site can be nearly impossible to access from some mobile phones (making it impossible to check for deadlines or submit documents at the last minute before class!) Even more upsetting, important financial and scheduling notifications don't show up on the site's front page--instead, they're often buried beneath a mound of useless-to-me information. The links don't always work, the layout of information is confusing and the topics are poorly organized.
This retail site appeared on Vincent Flanders' annual Worst Websites list for 2010. Flanders wrote, "In the last 15 years, I've seen plenty of stupid navigation. This may be the worst." All I know is, this guessing-game of a navigational scheme makes me dizzy! If I came to this site to buy, I'd quickly put away my wallet and move on to the next Google search result. Click through to see why.
No comments:
Post a Comment