Thursday, November 24, 2011

Trying My Hand at Photography

As I discussed in my last post, I found out about photojournalist Lowell Handler through a course assignment for my Therapeutic Arts class. Our investigation of art and disability also included a personal artmaking activity: after researching an artist, we were to create a piece of art that references the artist's style or vision. I snapped a series of photos using my webcam, manipulated the lighting and texture, and combined them using Photoshop.

A series of images of me stretching, edited and combined to make a photo collage.


This picture incorporates many of the photoediting skills and collage elements we utilized while working on the Unit 1 famine collage project. Like Handler's work, my photo collage transforms a movement into a series of static images. I have very little experience in photography (so I'm all set for the Unit 3 project, right?) and wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone for this project. I'm satisfied and surprised by the end result...here's hoping for the same outcome for Unit 3 as I piece together my Digital Collage Portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment